More Things We Should Value (Part 1+2) – Message Outline
- We are looking at numerous things God tells us not to despise, look down upon, scorn, or consider inferior or unimportant.
- Some despise others within God’s family for being exuberant and loud in worship.
- Some are very expressive in their worship. If you are inclined toward exuberant, expressive, loud worship: Go for it! Just don’t get to the point where you distract from the One that is to be the true center of our attention: Jesus.
- Sometimes we’re so worried about how we appear to others. You can’t serve God as long as you have the fear of man. If you fear God, you don’t have to fear men.
- Giving offerings to the Lord is another form of worship.
- Be sure not to look down upon the act of giving. Some have only negative things to say.
- The tithe is the first tenth of our income.
- Some are more inclined to honor the government and human authority figures than to honor the Most High God. God says, “Where is My honor? Where is My respect? You despise Me because you bring Me your leftovers.”
- We must place value and honor on our giving because God values it and it demonstrates our faith in Him as our provider.
- God says, “Honor Me with the first part of your income. Go ahead and pour it in, and see if I don’t pour out a blessing for you that you won’t have room enough to receive.”
- If you give sparingly, you reap sparingly. If you give bountifully, you reap bountifully.
- God says, “I will supply your needs. I can open doors no man can shut. I can do things you could never do through a lifetime of human networking and effort. You just need to honor Me financially.”
- Our faith is tied up in the finances we give. God uses it to meet our needs.
- God places value on giving because it is always a revelation of our love and respect for God. You cannot separate treasure from heart.
- We should value giving because it is a critical support for spreading the gospel throughout the world. Giving helps maintain and advance the work of the local church.
- We give because we want to see others come to Jesus, and we want to see those who have already come strengthened. We want to see their families taken care of. We want to see them blessed.
- When we despise prophecies, we quench the Spirit. This is not referring to the prophecies recorded in Scripture, but prophecies spoken out by God’s people today as they are inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- We are not to swallow everything the person prophesying says, but to test what is said and hold fast to what is good.
- Test all prophecy against the Word. True prophecy will always align with Scripture.
- The gift of prophecy alone has no revelation with it. It does not tell you about the future or reveal unknown things.
- Prophecy is speaking by the Spirit to build up, to call close to God, and to comfort.
- Prophecy from God doesn’t put people in fear and bondage. It’s never used to manipulate.
- Don’t despise or look down upon the young men and young women God is raising up in our midst. Instead, encourage and pray for them. Be their greatest cheerleaders, remembering how merciful God has been with you.
- And to the young people: Do your best to make it easy for us older folks not to look down on you. Do your best to live exemplary Christian lives—lives of faith, love, and purity.
- Whether this refers to a child of God that has lost his or her way, or to the lost person that has yet to come in childlike humility before God to be saved, let us not look down upon them.
- Jesus shed his blood for the lost. Rather than despise them, we should go after them.
- We need to guard against having some high and mighty attitude that forgets what Jesus rescued us from.
- Do you remember where you came from?
- None of us have a right to look down our nose and say, “How could someone do this or that?”
- We are made right and changed because of what Jesus did, and because of what the Holy Spirit does.
More Things We Should Value (Worship, Offerings, and Prophecies) – Part 1
God’s values never change. This series of messages on “Things We Should Value” will help you to align your priorities with God’s to give your life a firm foundation!
In this episode, learn about the value God places on worship, offerings, and prophecies.
Do you want answers delivered right to your inbox?
Sign up to receive FREE daily devotionals and updates from Bayless.