Three Easy Tests to Gauge Your Spiritual Growth(Scriptures: Lamentations 3:40, 2 Corinthians 13:5,)
- Certain tests reveal our level of commitment with God.
- I want to look at 3 of those tests—3 ways to examine ourselves to see how solid we are in the faith, and how close we are to God.
- You just have to listen to someone talk to know if they’re a disciple of Christ or not.
- If something is important to us, we will talk about it. What we love, we talk about.
- There’s a book in heaven where God records the names of those that speak about Him often. Is your name in that book?
- Is your speech full of doubt, fear, and pessimism, or is it full of hope, faith, and encouragement?
- Some say, “I’m just being honest. Things for me are dark right now; so when my circumstances change, then I’ll change my speech.” No, you need to learn to change your speech if you want your circumstances to change.
- Start talking to your mountain about how big your God is rather than continually talking to God and everyone else about how big your mountain is.
- It’s possible to be born of God but still live a selfish life, but it means you don’t have an intimate relationship with God.
- The love we express to others is always a revelation of where we are in our relationship with God.
- Part of this test is not just how we treat our brothers and sisters in the Lord, but how we treat our antagonists, our enemies, our persecutors, and those that hate us.
- How we treat our persecutors and enemies is a revelation of how close we are to God.
- Our giving is always a test of where we are in our relationship with God.
- What we love, we invest our time, treasure, and talent in.
- Friend, life is short. I want to enter eternity and hear, “Well done.”
- If as you consider these three tests, you realize there’s a real chasm between you and God, the way to make it right is not to try and change those outward behaviors.
- Behavior is important, but the root is spiritual. The root is internal.
- First, repent and come to God. Draw near to Him so He can deal with the root problem.
Three Easy Tests to Gauge Your Spiritual Growth
Did you know that in both the Old and New Testaments God specifically tells believers to test and examine ourselves? But how exactly are those tests to be conducted? What should you be looking for?
Bayless Conley offers 3 crucial tests to help you gauge your spiritual growth in this foundational and uplifting message.
Do you want answers delivered right to your inbox?
Sign up to receive FREE daily devotionals and updates from Bayless.