Find God’s Strength (When You Need It Most)(Scriptures: Isaiah 27:5, Psalm 29:11, Psalm 46:1)
- Whether you are in need of spiritual strength, emotional strength, material strength, or physical strength, God has it, and it can be laid hold of.
- I want to share with you 4 simple things that will help you lay hold of God’s strength regardless of your circumstances.
- Many times, God is reaching out, but in our pride we try to do everything ourselves.
- God often leads us to do things we could never accomplish without relying on His strength, and yet we end up relying on the arm of the flesh or our own understanding rather than trusting in Him.
- God wants us to trust Him, and that starts with admitting our need.
- We should rejoice when we face our own inability, for His strength comes into full manifestation in our weakness.
- Admitting our need does not equate to inactivity, which leads us to the next step.
- The main place you will find strength from God is through His Word.
- God says to “meditate” on His Word, meaning to reflect upon, and even to mutter or murmur it to ourselves over and over.
- God’s Word is God-breathed and supernatural. His strength comes to us as we read and reflect.
- Illumination comes as we meditate so that we can act and obey. Then comes the third step.
- Wait patiently, hopefully, and expectantly. As we do, more divine strength will come our way.
- Those who wait on the Lord will exchange their weakness for His strength.
- The idea is if you wait on God, all of those things that are harassing you and troubling your mind will be overcome as you rise up with His strength.
- The joy of the Lord is our strength, but we must choose to rejoice.
- Joy is not dependent on circumstances. We can have joy regardless of what is going on; and generally, if we will really consider things, there is almost always something we can rejoice about.
- We don’t rejoice for the unpaid bills, wayward children, or lingering sickness, but we can rejoice in the midst of those things.
- If nothing else, we should rejoice that our names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. On our worst day, we’re still headed for heaven.
Find God’s Strength (When You Need It Most) | Part 1
Whether you are in need of spiritual strength, emotional strength, material strength, or physical strength, God has it, and it can be laid hold of. Even if you are in the midst of a crisis and feel sorrowful or perplexed, God has strength and an answer for you!
Do you want answers delivered right to your inbox?
Sign up to receive FREE daily devotionals and updates from Bayless.