God’s Answers for Depression, Sickness, and Fear – Message Outline(Mark 4:26–29, Hebrews 4:12, 1 Peter 1:23, John 6:63,)
- Satan comes immediately to steal the Word that is sown in a person’s heart. If he can snatch the Word out of your heart, you will forever be a high-maintenance, low-impact Christian. You will never have much of an impact when it comes to kingdom things. The devil knows that.
- The Word builds us up and brings us into our inheritance in Christ. It is our light in a dark place. It is food for our spirit.
- Some get excited when they first hear the Word, but they do not have a proper root system. When persecution, affliction, life’s pressures, and offense come, they fall away.
- For others, the Word takes root; but then worries, anxieties, the cares of life, and the desire to become rich choke out the Word.
- We cannot make the seed of God’s Word work. Our part is just to get the seed in the ground and keep it there.
- There is divine, supernatural life in the seed of God’s Word. It will produce if we just keep it in the soil of our heart.
- All seeds produce after their kind. Likewise, promises on healing produce healing; promises of peace produce peace, and so on.
Sickness(Proverbs 4:20–22, Psalm 107:17–20,)
- God’s Word will work as medicine for all your flesh. That means for your eyes, your organs, your skin, your bones…
- Give attention to His Word. Incline your ear. Keep it before your eyes. Keep it as the central focus of your life.
- It is great to have a Bible on your coffee table or smartphone. Yet it really will not do you any good until you get it downloaded in your heart.
- Spend time in His Word. It is supernatural.
Fear(Psalm 56:3–4, Psalm 56:10–11,)
- Many are plagued by fear. It could be fear of lack, fear of the unknown, fear of the future, fear of world events, fear of violence, fear of disease, fear of not fitting in, fear of being rejected…
- When afraid, choose to trust by praising God and His Word. Shout His Word. Speak it. Say it over and over. Go on and on about it. The fear will go away.
- Fear is not from God. God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.
- If you will stay in the Word, you will come to know it experientially. The truth will set you free.
Depression and Lack of Peace(Proverbs 3:1–2, Psalm 119:165,)
- Keep and protect the Word in your heart, and peace will be one of the fruits produced in you.
- We all go through trials. It’s just part of the human experience. Yet we can cast our cares on God and literally live a life of peace.
- Some have no idea what it’s like to have that dark cloud of depression following them around. Yet there is liberty available in Christ. The answer is in God’s Word.
Lost Humanity(1 Peter 1:23, Acts 19:8–9, Acts 19:18–20,)
- There can be no harvest where no seed is planted. We must tell people about Jesus.
- Even if you feel like you would do a bad job sharing, that’s ok. The Bible says God uses foolish things to confound the wise.
God’s Answers for Depression
In what is perhaps Jesus’ most impacting parable, God’s Word is compared to a seed. When that seed gets planted in a fertile human heart, it can grow to overcome depression, anxiety, and all other obstacles. Prepare the soil (your heart) for God’s Word to take root and flourish.
Do you want answers delivered right to your inbox?
Sign up to receive FREE daily devotionals and updates from Bayless.